1. Connect your ZTE MF100 to the USB port of your computer with hyperterminal on it. The modem will automatically install the appropriate drivers and launch the User Interface (UI).
2. Determine the COM port of the modem by inspecting the modem properties under Modems in the Device Manager (do not get confused with ZTE Dianostics Interface or others).
3. Close the UI and open hyperterminal (or equivalent) and connect to the appropriate COM port using these parameters:
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: None
4. Input the following command (you may wish to turn on local echo so you can see what you are typing):
You should receive the following back in confirmation:
Close autorun state result(0:FAIL 1:SUCCESS):1
5. Close the hyperterminal connection and unplug the modem. Your modem is now reconfigured to be plug and play in Ubuntu.